Apple For MILLIONS Warning Over Popular Gadget That Poses Serious Danger To Children

APPLE makes some of the safest technology, but a few of its gadgets need to be treated with special care.

A popular Apple gadget has raised concerns about its battery, which can be harmful to children.

1

Advertising

Apple AirTags have a potentially dangerous batteryCredit: Apple

According to ZDNet, the small circular lithium button batteries inside Apple AirTags pose a risk to children.

Swallowing one of the batteries can cause injury and even death.

A battery can continue to emit its charge when swallowed.

This can cause corrosive burns and internal bleeding.

Lithium button cells are found in a number of products and usually come with a parent warning.

Small children tend to put things in their mouths.

If you think your child has swallowed a battery, you should get them immediately for emergency medical attention.

Warning signs include vomiting blood, breathing problems, or feeling suddenly unwell.

Manufacturers of button batteries now coat them with a substance called Bitrex to give them a bitter taste.

It’s supposed to encourage kids to spit them out.

However, Apple has warned that bitter coated batteries may not work with AirTag.

The tech giant’s website states: “CR2032 batteries with bitter coatings may not work with AirTag or other battery-powered products, depending on the alignment of the coating to the battery contacts.”

This means that AirTag users will have to use the riskiest button cell batteries without Bitrex.

There are steps you can take to prevent a child from swallowing a battery.

These include keeping batteries out of the reach of children, ensuring that any devices containing them are reassembled safely, and disposing of batteries properly.

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.