The world-famous libel trial between actors Johnny Depp and Amber Heard ended today, with the former winning his ex-wife’s libel case (although the jury is out. Let’s also assume she’s partially right). This unprecedented process inspired the social network to show that “not all men are rapists, not all women are victims” and in a matter of weeks, both artists have become world trends.
Hurd was apparently the one who generated the most comments and memes among fans, as his testimony presented in court was repeatedly dismissed as a lie. For this reason, various websites like Anime Motivation have been inspired to update the list of the most hated female characters in the world of anime. MyWaifuList also serves as an indication of whether these characters truly deserve their spot (note that this list is in no particular order, as people may hate this person more than the other):
- Orihime Inoue from Bleach – There are more hated anime characters than Orihime Inoue, but Orihime has plenty of competition nonetheless for several key reasons. In the Bleach story, she is a lovable and loyal friend with extraordinary courage, which draws her to most of the Bleach characters. However, when it comes to fandom, many Bleach fans are obsessed with pairing Ichigo with Rukia, but unfortunately, Orihime took Ichigo as her own, as seen in the final chapter of the manga. Many fans were outraged to see her ruin her “perfect partner”. Furthermore, Orihime was also teased for yelling “Ichigo!” or “Kurosaki-kun!” for worrying too many times during the fight scenes.
- Gaby Brown (Attack on Titan) from Shingeki no Kyojin: Without the two main characters, Gaby Brown, a battle contender, would be a really nice and somewhat likeable character, but the young soldier Apple, this violent, war-loving Hye , also gone. Far in the eyes of Shingeki fans, there is no Kyojin who can’t easily forgive what he has done. It was Gaby who got on the airship and shot her beloved Sasha Blues, which instantly united the entire fandom against him. Additionally, Gabi was criticized for brainwashing other Eldians, stubbornly treating them as demons to be punished or hunted down.
- Rachel from Tower of God: Probably the coolest person on the list. Rachel in Tower of God is a character that both manhwa and anime viewers can agree on, I hate her towards her character. The reason why he hates Rachel is in the final episode of the series. It is revealed that she is pretending to be disabled in order to push Bam out of the tower, betraying him after so many things he wants to help her up the tower.
- Kanojo’s Mami Nanami, Okarishimasu (Girl for Hire): In the first season, Mami appears as the antagonist of the story. It’s not just that Kazuya found a new girlfriend so quickly, it’s also that Chizuru is beautiful and decent, she drives him crazy. On the other hand, Mami is self-centered and manipulative and plans to separate from a couple supposedly in love with her. But could there be more to the surface than mom, or is she as shallow as she seems?
- Nina Einstein from Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch – Nina started out as a student at Ashford Academy and later worked for the government making weapons for them. While this sounds like a good introduction, let’s move on to why people hate it. Nina will not stop killing innocent classmates out of personal animosity and harboring prejudice and xenophobia towards Eleven. Honestly, there’s no reason for this level of hate, even considering her past experiences with Eleven. Can we also talk about how she had a crush on Euphemia, even though they were complete strangers to each other? Her horrible obsession has upset thousands of people. It is also for this reason that she created the weapons of mass destruction. How? Who is doing that?
- Sakura Haruno in Naruto: Sakura Haruno was a member of Team 7 and supported Naruto no matter what, but that didn’t win the hearts of fans. Unlike many hated anime characters, Sakura is neither a villain nor a rogue. She has virtues such as medical ninjutsu and loyalty to her friends. However, for some fans, this is not enough. Sakura is often criticized for her rude and obnoxious behavior, as well as being the weakest member of Team 7. She also disliked her obsessive crush and often stupid verbal insults from Sasuke and Naruto Uzumaki.
- Malty S. Melromarc, of Malta from Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari (“The Rising of the Shield Hero”): The royal family of Melromarc in this isekai kingdom is heterogeneous. The Queen is a wise and kind aristocrat who has become one of Naofumi Iwatani’s closest allies. Ella Melty’s little daughter is also very helpful. The queen’s husband and eldest daughter, however, is an entirely different story. The King and Princess of Malta conspired to expel Naofumi from the kingdom, and Malta used terrible lies and accusations to put Naofumi’s name on a permanent blacklist. She showed no remorse, and this alienated her mother from her. Worse yet, such destruction by Naofumi had weakened the kingdom’s defenses against the Waves.
- Umaru to tame Himoto! Umaru-chan: As FandomPost says: “I hate to disappoint you. But unless you think Umaru is a spoiled brat who needs to be taught certain manners, you can be spoiled too. He doesn’t just look like the perfect high school student that everyone loves. But she is also a little girl who gets angry when things don’t go her way. Doing it at a young age is one thing. But continuing into adolescence is an entirely different matter. “
- Miki Kawai (Soft Voice) from Koe no Katachi: Considered one of the most hypocritical, deceitful and selfish characters. Miki Kawai looked at the stalker girl and did nothing. He just laughed and even cowardly tried to make fun of the girl more. She is known among her fans for playing the victim of her, making everything revolve around her and never admitting her fault. He just wants to be seen as the perfect angel, but as a hateful character who never grows up.